- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces beer, or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8-ounces)
Preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a paring knife, trim tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan, using the bottom of the pan as a guide. Set aside.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add beans and beer to skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in corn and scallions, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Fit a trimmed tortilla in bottom of springform pan; layer with 1/4 of the beans and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on top layer. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Unmold pie; sprinkle with scallions. To serve, slice into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 448 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 18.5
Total Carb: 51.8g
Dietary Fiber: 7.1g