- 2 (9-ounce) packages cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil from the tomatoes
- 4 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation: Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain. Toss pasta gently with 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil, and set aside.
Heat remaining oil in same pot over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in crushed red pepper.
Remove stems from spinach and roughly chop. Add to pot with broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until watercress is limp but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans, and heat through for 1 minute. Add reserved pasta, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese, and serve. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.