- 4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4-ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (optional)
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Additional salsa and sour cream
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortillas in a large covered casserole (or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil) and warm in the oven.
In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat together eggs, jalapeno and water. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring, until done.
To assemble burritos, place a tortilla on a cutting board. Spread a quarter of the scrambled eggs across center of tortilla and top with a quarter of the cheese, beans, scallions, cilantro, salsa, sour cream (if using) and lettuce. Fold the tortilla envelope style: bring one side of tortilla just over edge of filling, fold in sides of tortilla, then roll it up to form a tight bundle. Cut in half crosswise. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Serve burritos with additional salsa and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 540 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 25g
Total Carb: na
Dietary Fiber: na