Makes 6 servings
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Black beans or 3 cups cooked dry-packaged Black beans, rinsed, drained
Preparation: Cook sausage, bell peppers, onions, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in oil in large skillet until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook, covered, over medium heat until tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes.
Notes: Can be served over polenta or pasta.
Serv. Size: about 1 cup each
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 285 From Fat: 26
Total Fat: 9 g
Total Carb: 36 g
Dietary Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 19 g