Great alternative for picnics!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 10 (1-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1 inch thick)
- 20 (1/4 inch thick) slices red onion
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add shallots, cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in sage, thyme, pepper, and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and beans, reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Place bean mixture, cheese, parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, and juice in a food processor; process until smooth.
Place about 3 tablespoons spread on each bread slice, top each with 2 onion slices.
Serv. Size: 2 open-faced sandwiches
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 438 From Fat: 30
Total Fat: 14.4g
Total Carb: 65.8g
Dietary Fiber: 8.6g