Pair with sandwiches for a satisfying vegetarian luncheon
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 firm vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful pitted kalamata olives
- Handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 pound mixed greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt to taste
- 4 large pita breads, flour tortilla wraps or flavored wraps (10-inch size)
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
Combine beans, rosemary, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, parsley, greens and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Combine well.
Warm pitas or wraps in oven or on a griddle pan. Spread pitas with a generous dose of white bean hummus. Top with a layer of Greek salad mixture. Sprinkle with feta and roll. Wrap lower half or wraps with foil or waxed paper to keep them together while you eat your way down.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 230 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 13g
Total Carb: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 6g