Garlic White Bean Pasta with Swiss Chard
- 1 (10-ounce) package whole-wheat pasta
- 1 (7-ounce) jar sliced, olive oil-marinated, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped, with 2 tablespoons oil reserved
3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pound Swiss chard, tough stems removed, well rinsed and chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta, stirring to prevent sticking, and cook according to package directions, until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat oil from sun-dried tomatoes in large skillet over medium-high heat. add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Add sun-dried tomatoes and swiss chard; mix well. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add beans with 1/2 cup water. Cook stirring occasionally, until heated. Season to taste with salt and freshly-ground pepper.
Drain pasta; transfer to serving dishes; top with bean mixture and serve.
Notes: Serve in soup bowls to take advantage of the delicious broth.