- 1 pound ground round
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped zucchini
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped, canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until lightly browned; stir to crumble. Drain well; set aside.
Add canola oil to pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; saute 30 seconds. Stir in corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef, zucchini, water, chipotle chile, and beans; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Spoon 1 1/2 cups chili into each of 6 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon green onions, and 1 tablespoon cheese.