A delicious, rich-tasting soup.
- 4 cups (1/4-inch) celery root, peeled and diced (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern, Navy or Cannelloni beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large stockpot, bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place half of bean mixture in a blender, process until smooth. Repeat with remaining bean mixture. Return pureed bean mixture to pan, stir in wine and salt. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove soup from heat, and stir in milk.
Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls, drizzle oil evenly over soup. Sprinkle with onions.
Serv. Size: 1 1/3 cups
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 161 From Fat: 17
Total Fat: 3.1g
Total Carb: 28.5g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g