The perfect appetizer for a lunch or dinner party.
- 2-1/2 cups Great Northern, Cranberry, Navy, or small white beans, cooked
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Preparation: Drain beans and keep warm, but not hot; place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Add another tablespoon of water if mixture is too thick. Place in bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve with bread or crackers.
Notes: Makes 2-1/2 cups