- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound wax beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise and discard the seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper halves, skin sides up on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil pepper halves 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
Bring 2 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add bell pepper strips, tomatoes, onions and parsley; toss to combine.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cider vinegar and remaining ingredients except goat cheese, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Serv. Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 63 From Fat: 36
Total Fat: 2.5g
Total Carb: 8.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g