- Vegetable cooking spray, as needed
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can of cannelloni beans
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast cubes
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles, chopped and undrained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips, as needed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, cut into small cubes
- Lime slices and fresh cilantro for garnish
Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, rice, beans, tomatoes and juice, chicken and chiles. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice and salt.
Just before serving, pour into soup bowls; top with tortilla chips, tomato and avocado. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro.