Tex-Mex Black Bean Dip
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Preparation: Place beans in a bowl; partially mash until chunky. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add beans, tomato, and next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese and remaining ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Serve warm or at room temperature with corn or flour tortilla chips.