- 1 (3-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1-pound) sourdough baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon dried basil for garnish
Preparation: Combine sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in small bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
Place pine nuts in dry skillet and heat over medium heat until browned, stirring or shaking pan for uniform browning. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Add garlic, scallions and shredded carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and soaking liquid. Reduce heat to medium-low and add chopped basil and vinegar. Cook 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Arrange bread in single layer on baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture on bread slices, sprinkle with dried basil and top with pine nuts. Place under broiler for 3 minutes or until heated through and lightly toasted.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 130 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 2g
Total Carb: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 3g