- 2 (15-ounce) cans cranberry beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Preparation: In a food processor, puree beans together with the sour cream, garlic, scallion, cilantro, soy sauce, lemon juice and mustard until very smooth.
With the motor running add the oil in a slow stream until combined well with the puree.
Add the pepper and cumin and pulse once or twice to blend.
Transfer to serving bowl and chill, covered, for 2 hours.
Notes: A healthy and delicious dip for raw vegetables or chips.