- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled, minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
Preparation: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in water, chipotle powder, beans, and salsa. Bring to a boil,;reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute.
Place 3 cups of black bean mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Stir in lime juice; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.