- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation: Cook beans in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain. Pat beans completely dry with paper towels.
Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add green beans to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned. spoon green beans into a bowl.
Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add shallots, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper; stir-fry 15 seconds or just until garlic begins to brown. Return green beans to wok. Add vinegar, soy sauce, and salt to wok; toss to combine.
Serv. Size: About 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 60 From Fat: 42
Total Fat: 2.8g
Total Carb: 7.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g