Yields 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cups fresh shelled peas (such as black-eyed, lima, or scarlett runner; about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 3/4 pound wax beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Preparation: Cook peas in boiling water 15 minutes. Add beans; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain; place bean mixture in a large bowl.
Combine shallots and remaining ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Serv. Size: Serving size: about 1 cup.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 118 From Fat: 31%
Total Fat: 4g
Total Carb: 16.8g
Dietary Fiber: 6.5g