Salsa Verde Yellow Squash Sauté
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound yellow squash, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 3/4 pound tomatillos, peeled, rinsed and cut into sixths
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preparation: Combine cilantro, lime juice and hot pepper sauce in small bowl. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add squash and tomatillos, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black beans, salt and pepper, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Remove pan from heat, and stir in cilantro mixture. Serve immediately.