Tart vs. Sweet
This heavenly side dish contrasts sweet roasted green beans with tart cheese, olives, and tomatoes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, corsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation: Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Places beans on prepared baking sheet.
Drizzle the beans with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Spread the beans in an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes.
Stir beans. Roast about 15 – 20 minutes more or until beans are dark golden brown in spots and have started to shrivel.
In a large bowl combine dried tomatoes, pitted kalamata olives, fresh oregano and lemon juice. Add roasted green beans; toss gently to coat.
Notes: To serve, sprinkle with 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese.