The mild cheese compliments this slightly spicy soup.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrot (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beef-flavored dry bouillon cubes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preparation: Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add celery, onion, garlic, and turkey. Cook 5 minutes or until ground turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
Add 3 cups water and remaining ingredients except cheese, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves.
Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 238 From Fat: 16
Total Fat: 4.3g
Total Carb: 18.4g
Dietary Fiber: 5.5g