Portable Bean Salad Sandwiches
- 1 dozen (6-inch) French rolls
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces dry salami, cubed
- 4 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted yellow peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives, chopped
Slice top quarter of bun lengthwise. Remove center of bun leaving 1-inch thick shell; set aside. Cube bread removed from center of buns. Cover tightly. In a small bow whisk dressing ingredients.
Mix all salad ingredients well. Add cubed bread. Chill.
Assemble to order, portioning 6 ounces of bean salad into each bread shell and closing with top of roll.
Notes: Ideal for picnics