- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and cored
- 8 ounces hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 ounces green olives, chopped
- 11/2 cups artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 8 ounces mozzarella, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) *white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Preparation: Cook orzo according to package directions, or until al dente. Remove from heat, drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
Dry lettuce leaves thoroughly, and cut leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in bowl with hearts of palm, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, capers, mozzarella and beans.
Combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad, reserving any leftover dressing, and toss vegetables. Serve immediately.
Notes: Cannelloni, Great Northern, or Navy beans may be used.