This tangy salad keeps several days in the refrigerator. Serve with crisp French rolls for a quick lunch or supper.
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cups cooked small red, great northern or pink beans
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups slivered ham
- Tomato wedges and green pepper rings (optional)
Preparation: Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, pepper and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl. Place beans in a bowl with green pepper, celery, onion and parsley. Pour dressing over and mix to combine.
Cover and refrigerate several hours to meld flavors. Add ham at serving time. Garnish with tomato wedges and green pepper rings, if desired.