Prep: 30 minutes; Total: 30 minutes
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch-long pieces
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Preparation: Place yolks in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in lemon juice, then cream.
Cook artichoke hearts and green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using sieve, transfer vegetables from pot to large skillet. Return water to boil. Add pasta; boil until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid.
Add pasta to skillet with vegetables. Whisk 3/4 cup cooking liquid into yolk mixture. Add mixture, 3/4 cup cheese, and parsley to skillet.
Toss over medium heat just until sauce thickens and coats pasta, about 4 minutes, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper. Serve passing additional cheese alongside.