Lemon Bean Salad Delight
2nd Place Salad recipe at the 2000 Filer Bean Festival!
- 16 ounces Garlic Flavored Vegetables & Pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Seasoned croutons, crushed, for garnish
- 1/2 cup lemon pudding
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
Preparation: Cook frozen vegetables and pasta according to package direction until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cover, refrigerate until cool. In a large bowl, combine next five ingredients (beans through olives). In a small bowl, combine the pudding, mayonnaise, lemon pepper and ginger; blend well. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with small handful of crushed croutons.