Here’s a simple dip you can throw together and serve at your next party. Reheat the leftovers and spoon them into a warmed flour tortilla for a flavo
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained, rinsed and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups basmati or other long-grain rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 cups baked tortilla chips (about 8 ounces)
Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
Combine 2 cups beans, cumin, hot sauce, black pepper, and cream cheese in a food processor, process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a medium bowl, stir in remaining beans. Set aside.
Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add corn and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and stir in rice, cilantro, and chiles.
Spread half of the bean mixture in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread half of the salsa over bean mixture. Spread rice mixture over salsa. Top with the remaining salsa and bean mixture, and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and bake at 375 degree F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with chips.
Serv. Size: 1/2 cup dip and 1/2 cup chips
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 174 From Fat: 10%
Total Fat: 1.9g
Total Carb: 31.8g
Dietary Fiber: 3g