Use left-over roast lamb to make this great picnic or lunch-box salad
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, roasted leg of lamb (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced shallots
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preparation: Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.
Notes: One can of dark red kidney beans can be substituted for one can of the white beans to make a more colorful salad.