Makes an excellent vegetarian meal or side dish.
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (7-ounce) package frozen artichokes, thawed and quartered
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh green beans (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preparation: Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
Blend parsley, dill, garlic and 2 tablespoons oil in food processor.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute artichokes 2 minutes, or until heated through. Set aside.
Add green beans to boiling water. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from pot with slotted spoon. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, or until al dente; drain.
Return pot to stove. Add spinach, 1 cup broth, lemon juice and zest, artichokes, pasta, beans and herb mixture. Cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts, moistening with remaining cup of broth as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta among serving plates, sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 461 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 15g
Total Carb: 66g
Dietary Fiber: 8g