- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Tie thyme, parsley, and bay leaf together with twine. Place in a large skillet with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
Add beans; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well; discard herbs. Places beans in a bowl. Add oil and remaining ingedients; toss well to coat.
Notes: Adding a bundle of herbs (bouquet garni) to the steaming liquid imparts subtle flavor and aroma to the vegetables.
Serv. Size: About 1 cup beans
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 49 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 1.7g
Total Carb: 6.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2g