- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped shallot (1 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (1 1/2 ounces), toasted, any loose skins rubbed off, and nuts finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
Preparation: Stir together butter, shallot, zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add hazelnuts and stir until combined well.
Cook beans, uncovered, until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain beans in a colander, then return hot beans to pot and toss with hazelnut butter.