- 2 pounds harictos verts, trimmed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation: Cook beans in boiling water for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon. Add shallots to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Combine shallots and bacon in a large bowl.
Add beans to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add beans, oil, vinegar, and salt to bacon mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with walnuts and parsley.
Notes: Haricots verts are tiny, fresh French green beans. If you can’t find them, subsitute regular fresh beans, which you’ll need to cook a few minutes longer. You can also use white wine vinegar instead of Champagne, if necessary.
Serv. Size: About 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 108 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 6.2g
Total Carb: 11.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4.2g