- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
Preparation: Combine butter, hazelnuts, rind, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stir with a fork until well blended.
Bring 8 cups water and remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans, cook 3 minutes, drain. Return pan to medium heat. Add beans and butter mixture; cook 3 minutes or until the butter mixture melts. Toss gently to coat.
Notes: Prepare the butter up to a week ahead and refrigerate, or up to three weeks in advance and freeze. Prepare extra butter to serve with bread or baked potatoes.
Serv. Size: 1 1/3 cups
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 54 From Fat: 52
Total Fat: 3.1g
Total Carb: 6.4g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8g