- 2 cups sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Cooking spray
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place onion and garlic on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place tomato halves, cut sides up over onion. Combine thyme, cumin, salt, black pepper and red pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until onion is browned and tomatoes are tender. Cool. Place mixture in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until mixture is slightly chunky. Stir in vinegar.
Cook beans in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 7 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Return to pan and toss with olive oil. Add tomato mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serv. Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 64 From Fat: 30
Total Fat: 2.1g
Total Carb: 10.9
Dietary Fiber: 4.3g