- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparation: Cook beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes, then drain well in a colander. Transfer to a bowl and toss with nuts, parsley, zest, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Notes: Green beans can be cut 6 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in dampened paper towels in a sealed plastic bag.