- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely-chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 large plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation: Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup water. Cook until beans are crisp-tender, stirring and tossing occasionally, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.