Toast the almonds at 350 degrees F. for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Preparation: To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
To prepare beans, cook beans in a large pot of boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well, place beans in a large bowl. Add lemon mixture, toss well to coat. Sprinkle with almonds and thyme.
Serv. Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 54 From Fat: 38%
Total Fat: 2.3g
Total Carb: 7.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g