- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 ears corn, husked
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 9 ounces), halved
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh basil, thinly-sliced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Preparation: Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Pat dry.
Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Brush corn with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until browned in spots, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool corn.
Cut kernels off cobs (generous 2 cups). Place kernels in large bowl. Add beans and tomatoes. Mix basil, shallot and vinegar in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad and toss.
Notes: Beans can be prepared 1 day ahead if desired; wrap and chill.