Yields 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes (such as Muir Glen)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannelloni beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
Preparation: Place water and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook about 3 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, ground cumin, salt, curry powder, ground turmeric, and red pepper; cook 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir in beans; cook 2 minutes.
Place bean mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth.