- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs, divided, plus 1 tablespoon chopped
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can red beans or kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend
Preparation: Bring 1 1/2 cups water to boil in small saucepan. Stir in rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 thyme sprig; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Transfer rice to large bowl; remove thyme sprig. Cool 5 minutes.
Stir beans, bell pepper, and green onions into rice. Add oil, vinegar, Cajun seasoning, and 1 tablespoon chopped thyme; mix well. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining thyme sprig and serve.