- 2 thick bacon slices, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth, separated
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch cubes peeled
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannelloni (white kidney beans), undrained
- 1 14 (1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Preparation: Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add chopped onion and garlic to drippings in pot; sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Stir in butternut squash, 1 can cannelloni, drained tomatoes, and fresh rosemary. Puree remaining 2 cans cannelloni with 3 cups chicken broth in processor until smooth; add to soup. Cover and simmer until butternut squash is tender and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped bacon and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 415 From Fat: na
Total Fat: 4g
Total Carb: na
Dietary Fiber: na