Blueberry Bean Muffins
Any canned or dry-packaged bean variety can be easily substituted for another.
Makes 1 dozen
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Red Kidney beans or 3 cups cooked dry-packaged Red Kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Process beans and milk in food processor or blender until smooth.
Mix sugar and butter in large bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bean mixture, mixing until well blended. Mix in combined flours, baking soda, salt and spices. Gently mix in blueberries. Spoon mixture into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups; sprinkle with pecans.
Bake muffins in preheated 375-degree oven until toothpicks inserted in centers come out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 288 From Fat: 31%
Total Fat: 10g
Total Carb: 43g
Dietary Fiber: 5g