A quick and easy stew that uses items you already have.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup onion and couscous; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Add beans, chipotle chile and tomatoes; cover and simmer 4 minutes or until the couscous is tender. Serve with green onions and sour cream.
Makes 2 servings: 1 1/2 cups stew, 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream serving size.
Amount Per Serving
Cals: 330 From Fat: 16
Total Fat: 5.7g
Total Carb: 58.6g
Dietary Fiber: 10.1g