Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large, heavy saucepan; bring to a boil. Add rice to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
2. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, juice, oil, pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Add rice and beans; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes or until completely cool. Stir in corn and cilantro.