Can be made 4 hours ahead. Serve at room temperature.
- 2 large ears of corn, husked
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and diced into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime peel, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Preparation: Prepare barbecue (medium-high) heat). Brush corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill corn until tender and brown in spots, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut off corn kernels; place in large bowl. Add black beans, jicama, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and basil.
Whisk lime juice, orange juice, lime peel, cumin, and remaining 4 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Mix dressing into bean salad. Season generously with salt and pepper.