- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced through core
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded, cut into wide wedges
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 (15-ounce) can white kidney beans (cannelloni), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 12 cups packed mixed salad greens (spinach, arugula and radicchio), torn
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 12 thick slices salami, cut into thin strips
- 12 oil-cured black olives
- 6 (3/4-inch thick) slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat broiler. Lightly oil broiler-pan rack. Arrange fennel, yellow peppers and tomatoes in single layer on rack. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the Antipasto Dressing; broil for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
While vegetables broil, in small bowl, combine beans, red onion and 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
In large bowl, toss greens, mushrooms and basil and 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide greens mixture among 6 plates. Arrange combination of fennel, yellow peppers, the bean mixture, mozzarella cheese and salami attractively over each plate. Top each with tomato half and 2 olives. Pass remaining dressing. Serve with Parmesan Bread.
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
Preheat broiler. On broiler-pan rack, arrange 6 (3/4-inch-thick) slices sourdough bread; broil 4 inches from heat source until toasted, 1 minute per side. Brush top sides with 2 tablespoons Antipasto Dressing; sprinkle with ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Broil 1 minute longer, until cheese melts and is golden.